Flowrite is a Helsinki-based AI/productivity startup founded in fall 2020.
We are creating the world's fastest writing experience – a productivity tool to help people supercharge their everyday writing tasks. Utilizing the most recent advancements in AI and NLP, we've created a highly-anticipated product that turns words into ready-to-send emails, posts, and more. It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively.
Although we are biased, we think it's one of the coolest upcoming productivity tools out there. Many others think so too.
We are building Flowrite on certain fundamental beliefs.
- Building in public. We believe that the best way to create early believers, build trust among users, and attract the best talent is to communicate openly about our journey – starting from the very early days. That's why we've posted biweekly product updates and shared our progress on social media ever since our first launch in October 2020.
- Fast execution. We got access to GPT-3 in 5 days, built our first prototype in 3 weeks, and launched Flowrite on week 4. As a startup, we think it's critical to build, launch, and iterate everything at a rapid pace – without making sacrifices on quality, culture, and user experience.
- Remote & global by default. Just like our users and the people we've decided to surround ourselves with, we are also hiring globally. Our HQ is in Helsinki but the Flowrite team is free to work wherever they prefer. Work around living instead of living around work.
About the role
Your role is to act as the voice of Flowrite on different social channels and communities. You'll engage in conversations, interact with people, and come up with creative ways to build genuine relationships with potential users.
Your tasks will revolve around:
- Identifying relevant conversations around topics of interest and being an active contributor that brings value to those discussions
- Identifying people who can benefit from using Flowrite and reaching out to them to help
- Developing creative ways to expand our reach in social channels and become a valued member of different communities
In order to be successful in this role, you need to live and breathe more than one of these channels:
- Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Hacker News
- Indie Hackers
Based on your preference, you'll also get a chance to contribute to:
- Creating content for our social media accounts
- Developing our influencer marketing approach
- Planning and producing blog content for flowrite.com/blog
Plenty of flexibility
🗓 Part-time – 10-25h/week based on your preference
⌚️ Choose your own working hours – output matters
✌️ Competitive compensation – either as an employee or a contractor
💜 Possibility to convert to a full-time position later on
- You live and breathe the aforementioned social media channels, understand their unique characteristics, and the rhythm of their user bases.
- You love to start and engage in meaningful conversations with strangers and know how to influence people.
- Your social skills are backed with an analytical mindset that allows you to identify relevant opportunities and filter out the noise.
- You have the ability to learn on the fly and put processes together even if you haven't worked with them before.
- You're passionate about Flowrite's mission and want to be a part of international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for better results. You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to be part of creating something world-class.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find better solutions and have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
1. Intro chat with Samuli (40min). The purpose is to get to know each other on both sides. We'd love to hear about your background and motivation, and we'll also go through the story of Flowrite and what we are up to. You'll get to ask any questions you might have about the role and Flowrite in general ✌️
2. Assignment & debrief. You'll be introduced to a challenge similar to what your work at Flowrite would include. The purpose is to understand how you'd approach it.
3. Final conversation with Aaro (∼60min). Before the final decision, we'd like to learn more about you as a person, discuss some practicalities and hear any thoughts or questions you may have come up with during the process.
How to apply
- A short explanation – e.g. a couple of bullet points – of what makes you excited about the role
- Your preferred way of displaying your prior activity on different social media channels and/or communities
This position is currently on hold.
Follow us on Twitter to get notified when we open new positions ✌️