Flowrite is a dynamic and fast-moving early-stage startup founded by two productivity enthusiasts in fall 2020.
We are creating the world's fastest writing experience – a tool to supercharge the most common everyday writing tasks by turning words into ready-to-send emails, posts, and more. It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively and powered by the latest advancements in AI and NLP.
Although biased, we think it's one of the coolest upcoming productivity tools out there. Many others think so too.
We are building Flowrite on certain fundamental beliefs.
- Building in public. We believe that the best way to create early believers, build trust among users, and attract the best talent is to communicate openly about our journey – starting from the very early days. That's why we've posted biweekly product updates and shared our progress on social media ever since our launch.
- Fast execution. We got access to GPT-3 in 5 days, built our first prototype in 3 weeks, and launched Flowrite on week 4. We think it's crucial to build, launch, and iterate everything we do at a rapid pace – without making sacrifices on quality, culture, and user experience.
- Global mindset. We don't need to be in Silicon Valley to build a remarkable product and grow globally. However, it requires certain action to widen our reach beyond our local circles, which is why we've put a lot of thought into our distribution, brand, hiring, and who we choose to surround ourselves with.
- Remote by default. Our HQ is in Helsinki, but the Flowrite team is free to work wherever they prefer. Work around living instead of living around work.
About the role
With our first hires, we believe in crafting the role around your unique skill set and interests instead of trying to force you into a too specific role.
Although we are currently only actively hiring for product functions, we are potentially looking for people in the following areas during 2021:
- Marketing & user acquisition
- Customer success & onboarding
- Product management
- Product design
- You're passionate about our mission and want to be a part of a soon-international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for the best results. You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to be part of creating something that is world-class.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
What we offer
- A place to make a significant impact. Over the upcoming years, you'll be making a major contribution to how our core product and the whole company are being shaped. This is the closest you can get to creating a lovable product from scratch or founding a startup of your own.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation. Joining Flowrite means you'll get to own a piece of the pie. If we as a company succeed, you will also.
- Flexibility. At Flowrite, we only do meetings when it's truly needed and don't require you to work 9-5, ever. Whatever schedule works the best for you and gets the job done, works the best for us as well.
- A productive work setup – either locally in Helsinki or remotely wherever you prefer to work. We'll cover the gear you need to be the most productive version of yourself.
- Latest productivity software. In addition to using e.g. Notion, Loom, Figma, and Flowrite on a daily basis, we are constantly testing new products in the productivity space.
- Personal development. We cover books and classes that you need to boost your learning curve. We are also happy to support you in growing your reach if that's something you're interested in – whether it's creating content (we have top-notch video and audio gear for recording and streaming), publishing your writings, or getting more active on social media.
How to apply
- A link to your LinkedIn profile/CV
- Which type of a role you'd be interested in and how that would contribute to Flowrite's mission
- A short explanation – e.g. a couple of bullet points – of what makes you excited about Flowrite
Aaro & Karolus