Flowrite is a Helsinki-based (remote) productivity & AI startup founded in fall 2020.
We are creating the world's fastest writing experience; a productivity tool that lets you supercharge your daily communication by turning words into ready-to-send emails, messages & more. It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively and is powered by some of the latest advancements in AI & NLP.
We are building Flowrite on certain fundamental beliefs.
- Building in public. We believe that the best way to create early believers, build trust among users, and attract the best talent is to communicate openly about our journey – starting from the very early days. That's why we've posted regular product updates and shared our progress on social media ever since our first launch.
- Fast execution. We got access to GPT-3 in 5 days, built our first prototype in 3 weeks, and launched Flowrite on week 4. As a startup, we think it's critical to build, launch, and iterate everything at a rapid pace.
- Remote & global by default. Just like our users and the people we surround ourselves with, we are also hiring globally. Our HQ is in Helsinki but the Flowrite team is free to work wherever they prefer. Work around living instead of living around work.
About the role
Here's a broad overview of what the role is going to include:
- You will implement elegant APIs, user experiences, and the underlying infrastructure for a critical and highly visible product.
- You will work in creating the core data architecture that pumps life into our application.
- You will debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
Based on your preference, you'll also get a chance to:
- Contribute to the development of the ML and DL models.
- Impact the strategic decisions regarding our product development. We are at a perfect stage to still actively explore different ways of building fundamental parts of our product.
- To talk directly to our users – professionals whose lives Flowrite will be improving.
- Frontend: TypeScript, React + Redux + Redux Sagas
- Backend: Python, built around FastAPI, Firebase Functions, Redis
- Data: Hasura, Postgres, Google Firebase, BigQuery
- Infrastructure and Deployment: Google Cloud Platform, NixOS, Hetzner
- You enjoy being a generalist. Be it creating an API, a data pipeline or working on deploying AI models, all code deserves love and you are excited to get your hands dirty.
- You have the ability to learn on the fly and put processes together even if you haven't worked with them before.
- You love to invalidate assumptions. Thinking tech in terms of trade-offs is second nature to you. Maintenance cost, speed of development, performance, type-safety, security, and readability are just some of the variables for which you are known to optimize your code.
- You want to build reliable and highly available solutions that scale and endure – especially in the face of a growing user base. You have a solid appreciation of the challenges involved.
- You're passionate about our mission and want to be a part of an international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for better results. You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to create something that is world-class – both in terms of technology as well as user experience.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find better solutions. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
- Linux and DevOps
- C++ or Rust
- Functional programming or type systems
- Cryptographic techniques
- Distributed systems
What we offer
- A place to make a significant impact. Over the upcoming years, you'll be making a major contribution to how our core product and the whole company are being shaped. This is the closest you can get to creating a lovable product from scratch or founding a startup of your own.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation. Joining Flowrite means you'll get to own a piece of the pie. If we as a company succeed, you will also.
- Flexibility. At Flowrite, we embrace async communication and never require you to work 9-5. Whatever schedule works the best for you and gets the job done, works the best for us too.
- Work from anywhere. Make trips and work remotely, or stay at your desired location. Our office is in Helsinki and we happily support you with Visa & relocation if need be.
- A productive work setup. In addition to a company laptop, you'll get to spend €500 on equipment that you need to be the most productive version of yourself.
- Personal development. Our monthly learning budget covers the books and courses that you need to accelerate your learning curve.
1. Intro chat with our CEO Aaro (30min). The purpose is to get to know each other on both sides. We'd love to hear about your background and motivation, and we'll also go through the story of Flowrite and what we are up to.
2. Technical chat with our CTO Karolus (40-60min). The purpose is to give you a thorough overview of our product – tech stack, development process, roadmap, and more. You'll get to ask questions and we'd also love to hear about your sweet spot and interests within the areas we are working on.
3. Technical assessment (60min). The purpose is to learn more about your technical capabilities and your approach to building something Flowrite-related from scratch. This will consist of two parts:
- Demo of your choice. You're asked to present something you've created in the past – whether a hobby or a work project. We'd love to see at least a part of the codebase used, if possible.
- Problem-solving. We'll introduce you to a new concept/challenge related to our product and will ask about your approach to it. No coding needed, just talking.
4. Final conversation (∼45min). Before the final decision, we'd like to discuss some practicalities and hear about any thoughts or questions you may have come up with during the process.
How to apply
- A link to your LinkedIn profile/CV
- A short explanation – e.g. a couple of bullet points – of what makes you excited about Flowrite
Aaro & Karolus
This position is currently on hold.
Follow us on Twitter to get notified when we open new positions ✌️
Share the post