Flowrite is a Helsinki-based (remote) productivity & AI startup founded in fall 2020.
We are creating the world's fastest writing experience; a productivity tool that lets you supercharge your daily communication by turning words into ready-to-send emails, messages & more. It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively and is powered by some of the latest advancements in AI & NLP.
We are building Flowrite on certain fundamental beliefs.
- Building in public. We believe that the best way to create early believers, build trust among users, and attract the best talent is to communicate openly about our journey – starting from the very early days. That's why we've posted regular product updates and shared our progress on social media ever since our first launch.
- Fast execution. We got access to GPT-3 in 5 days, built our first prototype in 3 weeks, and launched Flowrite on week 4. As a startup, we think it's critical to build, launch, and iterate everything at a rapid pace.
- Remote & global by default. Just like our users and the people we surround ourselves with, we are also hiring globally. Our HQ is in Helsinki but the Flowrite team is free to work wherever they prefer. Work around living instead of living around work.
About the role
Here's a broad overview of what the role is going to include:
- You will be creating ground-breaking NLP-driven features to make Flowrite more accurate and enjoyable for the end-users.
- You'll be utilizing the latest developments in the fields of AI and NLP. Flowrite's text generation is powered by GPT-3, but there's a lot that we are building on top of it.
- You'll be contributing towards conceptualizing and building new performance metrics and tests for our models.
- You'll be building personalisation engines to take the Flowrite experience to the next level.
Based on your preference, you'll also get a chance to:
- Impact the strategic decisions regarding our product development. We are at a perfect stage to still actively explore different ways of building fundamental parts of our product.
- Talk directly to our users – professionals whose lives Flowrite will be improving.
- You have in-depth knowledge of NLP. You are passionate about state-of-the-art NLP technologies and about applying theory to solve real-world problems.
- You have experience with text semantics models. You can parse text and extract meaning from it. Additional experience with linguistics would be considered a plus.
- You have experience with transformer-based language models, e.g. GPT-2/BERT. Past experience with GPT-3 would be considered a great advantage.
- You do not shy away from diving into the latest ML and NLP research, be it in form of research papers, blogs, or podcasts, and turning it into code.
- You're excited about the idea of applying reinforcement learning, self-supervised learning, weakly supervised learning, and explainable AI to NLP.
- You have the ability to transform your know-how into practical ML and DL applications. You are no stranger to Tensorflow or PyTorch. You know when your data is suboptimal and you take the appropriate actions. You understand the trade-offs of different approaches.
- You're passionate about Flowrite's mission and want to be a part of an international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for the best results. You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to be part of creating something that is world-class.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
What we offer
- A place to make a significant impact. Over the upcoming years, you'll be making a major contribution to how our core product and the whole company are being shaped. This is the closest you can get to creating a lovable product from scratch or founding a startup of your own.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation. Joining Flowrite means you'll get to own a piece of the pie. If we as a company succeed, you will also.
- Flexibility. At Flowrite, we embrace async communication, only do meetings when it's truly needed, and don't require you to work specific hours – ever. Whatever schedule works the best for you and gets the job done, works the best for us as well.
- A productive work setup – either locally in Helsinki or remotely wherever you prefer to work. We'll cover the gear you need to be the most productive version of yourself.
- Latest productivity software. In addition to using e.g. Notion, Loom, Figma, and Flowrite on a daily basis, we are constantly testing new products in the productivity space.
- Personal development. We cover books and classes that you need to accelerate your learning curve. We also have top-notch video and audio gear for recording and streaming in case that's something you want to pursue.
1. Intro chat with our CEO Aaro (30min). The purpose is to get to know each other on both sides. We'd love to hear about your background and motivation, and we'll also go through the story of Flowrite and what we are up to.
2. Technical chat with our CTO Karolus (40-60min). The purpose is to give you a thorough overview of our product – tech stack, development process, roadmap, and more. You'll get to ask questions and we'd also love to hear about your sweet spot and interests within the areas we are working on.
3. Technical assessment (60min). The purpose is to learn more about your technical capabilities and your approach to building something Flowrite-related from scratch. This will consist of two parts:
- Demo of your choice. You're asked to present something you've created in the past – whether a hobby or a work project. We'd love to see at least a part of the codebase used, if possible.
- Problem-solving. We'll introduce you to a new concept/challenge related to our product and will ask about your approach to it. No coding needed, just talking.
4. Final conversation (∼45min). Before the final decision, we'd like to discuss some practicalities and hear about any thoughts or questions you may have come up with during the process.
How to apply
- A link to your LinkedIn profile/CV
- A short explanation – e.g. a couple of bullet points – of what makes you excited about Flowrite
Aaro & Karolus
This position is currently on hold.
Follow us on Twitter to get notified when we open new positions ✌️
Share the post