We process personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679). Furthermore, we follow good governance and data processing practices when processing information about our users. For further information about GDPR, please refer to: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
Data controller is:
Flowrite Oy (3153955-1)
Pietarinkatu 14 lt
For any questions about our data processing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
We confidently receive and store information you knowingly provide to us when you fill our online forms, sign up to use Flowrite, or interact with Flowrite on other channels and platforms. Any of the information we collect from you may be used to personalize your experience, improve customer service, respond to queries and emails, send notification emails or newsletters, and operate our services.
We may process your information if one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes addressed below. Note that under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (by opting out), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases below. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
What type of information do we collect?
Upon joining the waitlist or requesting access to Flowrite, we collect your email in order to notify you when you become eligible to use the service. We may also send you progress updates and/or newsletters from which you can opt-out of at any time.
After joining the waitlist or when registering to use Flowrite, we may ask you to provide further information beyond email – for example, your name and your current role in your workplace. We may also ask about your current usage of other similar tools and other general questions that will help us to personalize your experience and improve our service.
After having used Flowrite, we may ask you to provide feedback about your experience. We may ask, for example, about the things you liked and disliked about Flowrite, and whether you would recommend it to others. Your feedback will be stored securely and removed when no longer needed.
We may collect other information you knowingly provide to us via our website, email exchange, or on 3rd-party platforms, such as Flowrite's social media channels.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- You have the right to learn if your information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information that is being processed of you;
- You have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and to ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your information – however, in that case, the services may not be available to you;
- You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal information from us;
- You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
The right to object to processing
Where Personal Information is processed for the public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise these rights can be directed to the Controller through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Controller as early as possible.
When you visit flowrite.com or its subdomains and subpages, information that your browser sends will be automatically recorded. This includes information such as your device's IP address, browser and operating system type and version, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, pages of our website that you visit and the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information for statistical purposes such as optimizing our services and guaranteeing the stability and security of the website.
To collect this data, we use the following 3rd-party analytics tool:
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/
Our website uses "cookies" to help personalize your online experience. Cookies are pieces of information stored on your device for a limited amount of time. They do not cause any harm to your device or contain any viruses. Cookies may be used to collect, store, and track information anonymously for statistical purposes to operate our website and services.
What type of cookies do we use?
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have submitted information through our forms, created an account, and have logged into that account to access the services.
These cookies enable us and 3rd-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the Website. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names or email addresses.
Social media cookies
3rd-party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) let us track social media users when they visit our website and communicate on social media by using a tagging mechanism provided by those sites.
These cookies may also be used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with our and the social media sites’ privacy policies.
Our services may contain a "web beacon" (or "tracking pixel") to determine whether, for example, our emails are opened and for measuring click-throughs of our advertisement.
If you don't like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser's settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use our services entirely.
Flowrite's primary social media channels include:
- Opt-out: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences or https://www.facebook.com/settings
- Opt-out: instagram.com/accounts/privacy_and_security/
Data processing by third parties and/or outside the EU
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. We process your information by using 3rd-party providers in the EU and the USA, whereas data protection standards applicable in the EU are ensured.
You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information. If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or by requesting a full list of data processors via email to email@example.com.
Storing and deleting data
We will retain and use your information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
We secure information you provide to us on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that
- There are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- The security, integrity, and privacy of any information and data exchanged between you and our website cannot be guaranteed; and
- Any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a 3rd-party, despite best efforts.
Links to other websites
Our service may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of such other websites or 3rd-parties.
Changes and amendments
Acceptance of this Policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all of its terms and conditions. By using our services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use the services.
Last updated on June 12, 2021