Flowrite is a Helsinki-based (remote) productivity & AI startup founded in fall 2020.
We are creating the world's fastest writing experience; a productivity tool that lets you supercharge your daily communication by turning words into ready-to-send emails, messages & more. It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively and is powered by some of the latest advancements in AI & NLP.
We are building Flowrite on certain fundamental beliefs.
- Building in public. We believe that the best way to create early believers, build trust among users, and attract the best talent is to communicate openly about our journey – starting from the very early days. That's why we've posted regular product updates and shared our progress on social media ever since our first launch.
- Fast execution. We got access to GPT-3 in 5 days, built our first prototype in 3 weeks, and launched Flowrite on week 4. As a startup, we think it's critical to build, launch, and iterate everything at a rapid pace.
- Remote & global by default. Just like our users and the people we surround ourselves with, we are also hiring globally. Our HQ is in Helsinki but the Flowrite team is free to work wherever they prefer. Work around living instead of living around work.
With the incredible demand that we've been seeing for our product, we are looking to rapidly grow our user base over the next few months. Accommodating more users requires scaling and constantly improving our customer operations.
At the same time, providing a top-quality experience to each user – from their first interaction with Flowrite to sending their first Flowritten email – remains crucial. Talking to users every day is still the best way for us to make important product decisions. We constantly invent and iterate ways to understand our users' needs and how to satisfy them.
All of this is the bedrock of customer advocacy - our philosophy of putting customers' needs first and focusing on their problems, instead of just our solutions. This is where we need your help.
About the role
As of now, the role will be a colorful mix of tasks related to customer operations (60%) and user analysis (40%).
Overview of the role
- Inviting tens of thousands of people from our waitlist to use our product, then analyzing and improving said invitation conversion rates over time
- Taking 1:1 onboarding and feedback calls with selected users
- Ongoing proactive and reactive customer support via our email and chat channels
- Ownership of our customer-facing materials, such as Knowledge Base and FAQs
- Improving all of the above user-facing processes
Based on your preference, you'll also get a chance to:
- Implementing new, scalable ways to understand user behavior and get feedback about their experiences with our product
- Helping with the analysis of our most important product KPIs, such as retention and engagement
- You have previous experience with startups and/or SaaS companies. Preferably, you were involved in a customer or product-centric role.
- You genuinely enjoy doing analysis. An important part of this role is to draw conclusions from multiple sources of information to help us make product and business decisions. This doesn't require specific technical expertise, rather an analytical and curious mindset.
- You are comfortable interacting with users face-to-face. You have great communication skills: proactiveness, the ability to adapt to users' communication style, careful handling of customer issues from start to finish, and effectively reaching the goal of our user interactions.
- You have the ability to learn on the fly and put processes together even if you haven't worked with them before.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find better solutions. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense and contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
- You're passionate about our mission and want to be a part of an international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for better results. You love the excitement of working with cutting-edge products and want to create something that is world-class.
- Experience with tools such as Intercom, Mixpanel and Hotjar, with potentially new complementing tools added to our toolbox if needed.
What we offer
- A place to make a significant impact. Over the upcoming years, you'll be making a major contribution to how our core product and the whole company are being shaped. This is the closest you can get to creating a lovable product from scratch or founding a startup of your own.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation. Joining Flowrite means you'll get to own a piece of the pie. If we as a company succeed, you will also.
- Flexibility. At Flowrite, we embrace async communication and never require you to work 9-5. Whatever schedule works the best for you and gets the job done, works the best for us too.
- Work from anywhere. Make trips and work remotely, or stay at your desired location. Our office is in Helsinki and we happily support you with Visa & relocation if need be.
- A productive work setup. In addition to a company laptop, you'll get to spend €500 on equipment that you need to be the most productive version of yourself.
- Personal development. Our monthly learning budget covers the books and courses that you need to accelerate your learning curve.
1. Intro chat with Ewa (30min). The purpose is to get to know each other on both sides. We'd love to hear about your background and motivation, and we'll also help you understand the role and what we are up to as a company.
2. Assessment (60min). The purpose of this is twofold:
- On one hand, we'd love to understand how you think about the different topics and tasks related to the role.
- On the other, we wish to gain an insight into how you work: how you approach problems, how you look for ways to solve them, and how you communicate your findings to the team.
3. Chat with the founders Aaro and Karolus (45min). We'd like to learn more about your values, goals, and discuss some practicalities related to the role. You'll also have a chance to ask any questions about the role and the company.
4. Meet the team. Before the final decision, we'd love to have you chat 1:1 with some of the team members you'd be working with.
How to apply
- A link to your LinkedIn profile or a CV
- A short answer – e.g. a couple of bullet points – of what makes you excited about Flowrite and the role?
This position is currently on hold.
Follow us on Twitter to get notified when we open new positions ✌️
Share the post