We are creating the world's fastest and more intuitive writing communications experience; a productivity tool that helps you supercharge your daily communication by writings your emails and messages for you.
It's designed for those whose work depends on communicating effectively and is powered by some of the latest advancements in AI & NLP.
Our HQ is in Helsinki 🇫🇮, but we are hiring globally. The majority of our team works fully remotely from various locations across Europe and Asia. Work around living instead of living around work.
About the role
- You'll be working closely with our AI and Product teams by providing linguistic expertise and direction for analysis/modeling.
- You'll be collaborating with AI and Software Engineers to collect data and curate high-quality datasets for research and model development.
- You'll be contributing to the design of metrics to measure the performance of our NLG and style transfer models.
- You'll be preparing data annotation guidelines for data collection and annotation with third parties.
- You'll be responsible for evaluating and annotating text data for NLG and style transfer tasks.
- You'll be constructing linguistic structures and text corpora for communication/messaging use cases.
- You have a solid background in linguistics. Preferably, you are a computational linguist with a passion for solving innovative problems and awareness of state-of-the-art NLP/NLG models. Experience in NLG and/or stylometrics would be considered a great advantage.
- You have experience in data annotation and preparation of data collection guidelines. You have prepared data collection guidelines for different tasks in the past and ideally carried out data annotation yourself. You also know how to evaluate the quality of the annotations and curate high-quality examples.
- You're passionate about tech and preferably have experience working with tech teams in NLP/NLG projects. Also, knowledge of Python or any other programming language for text processing and manipulation will be considered an advantage.
- You have expertise in email/messaging communication. You have a good understanding of linguistic features in business email communication. You also understand how the tone of voice is expressed and how to identify its stylometric text features.
- You're passionate about Flowrite's mission and want to be a part of an international team that constantly learns, takes honest critique, and strives for the best results. You love the excitement of working on cutting-edge products and want to be part of creating something that is world-class.
- You're a creative and critical thinker. You're able to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You have the guts to tell people "no" when something doesn't make sense or contribute towards our purpose. You also want to have fun while doing your job and value the importance of a cohesive team. You believe in transparency and collaboration.
1. Intro chat with 1-2 members of the AI team (30 min). The purpose is to get to know each other on both sides. We'd love to hear about your background and motivation, and we'll also go through the story of Flowrite and what we are up to.
2. Assessment (60 min). The purpose is to learn more about your capabilities and your approach to building something Flowrite-related from scratch. This will consist of two parts:
- Part 1: take-home assignment. You’re asked to research, prepare and present a plan for tackling a given NLP problem from a linguistic point of view.
- Part 2: problem-solving. We’ll introduce you to a linguistic concept related to the development of our product and will ask about your approach to it.
3. Final conversation with our founders Aaro & Karolus (45 min). Before the final decision, you will get to know our founders. Aaro and Karolus would love to learn about your ways of working and discuss company culture and practicalities. You'll have a chance to ask any questions that may have come up during the process.
How to apply
This position is currently on hold.
Follow us on Twitter to get notified when we open new positions ✌️
Share this position